Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Fokus Fabrik


Selection of fabric designs from Fokus Fabrik.

Swedish and Finnish are nothing alike whatsoever (it's literally as understandable as Chinese would be to a Swedish person). Finnish is one of the oldest languages in the world and is not related to any language other than Samiska (the language of the very small indigenous population in Sweden). In Finland however there are entire Swedish-speaking areas and all Finns have to learn Swedish at school. Due to that (and a lot of other reasons I'm sure) Sweden's largest immigrant group are the Finns with the result that we get one of the Finnish TV channels here. Clearly I can't understand a word of it, but I'm absolutely mesmerised and have been known to spend hours trying to decipher anything at all ...which clearly I can't!

During one of these sessions there was fantastic visuals of fabric and print making / print techniques. As it was so wonderful I spent ages mindlessly browsing around the website of the Finnish TV channel hoping against hope I'd somehow find some link.... Ergo above! Enjoy!

No comments: