Thursday, November 08, 2007

This Is for You.






This Is for You. By Rob Ryan. Sceptre, 2007. 64pp., numerous illustrations, 7.6 x 5.9 x 0.6". Found via and some of images from Niotillfem.

"If you believe in love, but find it difficult to explain - this is for you.
Rob Ryan has been cutting pictures out of paper for many years. He has exhibited all over the world."

For more of him and his work go here (it's wonderful!). I think this book is beautiful and poetic. The kind of work that makes me want to get back to being immersed into it myself...

"It is a story but completely told in papercut out pictures." - Rob Ryan


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

paper cut outs are allthe rage nowadays...his work is really beautiful. you should check out the political and social statements by Kara Walker

Rare Autumn said...

Well I meant (emerging myself in) book art rather than paper cuts in general, even though I've had a soft-spot for paper cut-works since childhood (possibly started by the paper snowflakes we made in kindergarten)... I always find it rather depressing when something is "in vogue", but I guess it's just natural things come in cycles...

I'm familiar with Kara Walker, but thank you for the suggestion - it's always really great to get tips!