Friday, December 19, 2008

Artists’ Books by Randy Klein.





Artists’ Books by Randy Klein. Exhibition in the Artists' Books Study Area at the Library, School of Creative Arts, UWE Bristol. Images from the exhibition website.

"My work has been diverse across a wide range of media. What has held the strands of my artistic practice together has been the narrative. Therefore it has been natural for me to work with the artist’s book. It has given me an opportunity to compress the diversity of media between two covers and stitch it into a binding. The book has been a laboratory for ideas, a repository for image and writing, a diary and travel journal.

Sculpture has been a central practice for me, and I have created outdoor public sculpture which is sited in many public locations, including a 25 ft. stainless steel sculpture in Brimmington Park, on the Old Kent Road in London, and a sculpture for Paterson Park in Bermondsey.

My books and prints are in many private and public collections, including the Museum of Modern Art New York, the Getty, the Brooklyn Museum, Tate Gallery, the British Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and the New York Public Library."

No comments: