Friday, February 03, 2012

Sunshine Volition.






Sunshine Volition. By Aki Tanaka. Tosei-Sha, 2011. 64 pp., illustrated throughout, 13,5x19,5cm. Images from here.

Book description:

"On clear days I let my memories guide me as I look up to the sky.
The autumn sky in Japan is particularly evocative.
The glimmering warm sunshine,
the rustling of the trees, their fragrance.
The murmuring of the wind and the clear blue.
In the refreshing air, wrapped in the rays of the sun,
I feel very good.

I am searching for something beyond
the power of words.

Wind, water, fire, sound, light, the sun.
Scientists tell us that these things
share shimmering waves
that are called 1/f fluctuations.
They say that these waves occur in us as well.
Even the pulse of our hearts is in tune
with these fluctuations."

No comments: