Wednesday, June 06, 2012

From Back Home.





From Back Home. By Anders Petersen & JH Engström. Edited and designed by Greger Ulf Nilson, translation by Katarina Trodden. Max Ström, 2009. 320 pp., illustrated throughout, 7,75x10,25". Images from here.

Today is the National Day of Sweden, so I thought I'd show a book concerning itself with a photographic examination of Sweden and the Swedish identity far away from the city, as seen by two Swedish photographers of different generations.

JH Engstöm's description below is beautiful and poetic, and in many ways encapsulates many of my own ponderings.


Book description:

"Maybe you can’t really go back home.
But this is where I’m from.
These images pay homage,
to the people and landscapes that are my origins.
I’ve returned to something my body and emotions recognize.

The images are photographed in Värmland between 2001 and 2008.

JH Engström, 2009."

No comments: